Thursday, June 28, 2012

Good Morning to Me!

I love iced coffee! But I don't want to pay $4 for it, or really have to leave the house either.
There are so many recipes on Pinterest for iced coffee and frappuccinos. I wasn't 100% satisfied with any of the ones I came across.
I decided it was time to take matters into my own hands! This is what I came up with:
I brewed an extra strong pot of coffee, and added sugar and caramel while it was still hot.
After it cooled a bit I poured the sweetened coffee into two ice trays, and popped those bad boys in the freezer.
Come the next morning I had two trays full of frap starters. 
I put 7 coffee cubes and 3 ice cubes into the blender.
Then poured in a little milk and a splash of water, (these measurements are very scientific, don't mess around!) and blended away!

The end result was icy and delicious! 

However, after having almost zero caffeine while I was pregnant and now that I am breastfeeding, I have quite the caffeine buzz going on today. I think tomorrow I will only use 4 coffee cubes! So far it doesn't seem to be affecting Logan. *fingers crossed*
The best part? I have enough left in my freezer to make five more frappuccinos! 

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Quite the clever recipe you've got there! Looks delicious..mmm mmmmmm.

Amy said...

2 syllables: De-Caf! No, it doesn't wake you up, but you get the satisfaction of coffee w/out keeping anybody awake later!

What made it so frothy on top? Just the blending? I want one!